Friday, February 13, 2009

I'll fly away.....

In honor of Valentine's day, my university decided to have a "love day" in our student center. I'm not too big on Valentine's day (diff. blog, diff day) so I'm trying to skate through there as quickly as possible and sure enough this girl spots me out of the 100 other people in the crowd to do this "rate your last relationship" thing at her group's post. I couldn't say no. So I do the whole thing, gave my last relationship a "D" (once again, diff blog diff day) and get to the last part with a bunch of quotes and this one by C.S. Lewis (the Narnia series author) that said:

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."

I don't know what struck me about this but i immediately had to write it down. I believe he meant it to have a religious meaning, we experience the love of Most High and all things involved within ourselves and its a high this world can't give us. I think that applies to the gifts we have as well. I don't know if writing or any of the things I love to do are a gift but I know when I'm doing them, I feel connected to something greater than myself. Channelling energy from the music, the night, my surroundings and all things spiritual carries me to another world. A world where I can completely let go, think freely and watch myself fly. Its more than just rhyming and taking pictures...there's a strong, spiritual element to my "creative" experience. But that all stems from Him and without the "gifts" that were given to me, I would never be able to experience that. So if the other world C.S. Lewis is talking about is Heaven, then I'm in that other world when the music is flowing, my mind is open, pen or camera in hand, spilling my soul onto a medium that allows me to share that world with you. That's a Heaven the desires of this world can't give me.

No comments:

Post a Comment