Monday, February 9, 2009

See you in my dreams, Diego.....


...A couple months ago I started having this dream about a naked woman kneeling by an ocean or a river with her back to me. I couldn't see what she was doing but something about her is familiar so begin to walk slowly towards her. As I'm about to touch her shoulder, the woman turns around and I'm looking at my reflection. The woman is suddenly me.
....Since then, I've had this dream at least 3 times a month and I can't figure out why. I haven't been able to get the image out of my head. I doodle her in the corners of my notebooks as I daydream in class (note how i said doodle, I can't draw) hoping that some epiphany will come from this quiet infatuation with this image.
....I was online today looking up some info on the artist Diego Rivera and I came across this painting. There, on google images, was my dream. It was like he was in my mind before I even existed... So this one is for Diego Rivera....artist, traveler, revolutionary and dream catcher....

No comments:

Post a Comment