Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Somebody HELP ME.....

I'm in desperate need of conversation about my situation. I dont know what to do with the cards life has delt me. I know in my heart it's a good hand i just don't know how to play them so it will lead to my happiness. A friend told me today that she puts her own happiness first cuz at the end of the day she needs her sanity. I feel like I'm going to lose my mind. To have your heart pulling you in one direction and logic in the other takes a toll on me. I look at my folks and neither of them are doing what they wanted to do in life. I refuse to be like that. I would like my hypothetical children to look at me a see a woman that is happy and has lived her life in a way that allows for no regrets. SO, does being happy mean making this move???? Leave it all behind and continue a life elsewhere. Or does security and stability in sticking with what i started off going to lead to my happiness? It's between what i should be and what i was meant to be...assuming i was meant to pursue photography. Any advice is welcomed, cuz i cant talk to anyone over here, i already know what they'll say.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (OOPS I DELETED THE OLD COMMENT)
    HAPPINESS, ALL THE WAY.

    Going for security and stability WILL give you a secure and stable life. (Although, in this economic downfall, who knows what will ensure that?) But the point is, you won't be happy unless you do what makes you happy. If you are happy, happiness will only follow you and hand you opportunities. For example, you say you want to be a photographer. If, hypothetically, you pursue photography, you'll want to excel at it because you love it. You'll want to consistently improve your craft. On the other hand, if you choose the "secure" and familiar path, you'll end up exactly where you think you will.

    My mom wanted to be an actress. She is now a secretary and works for my dad. She isn't UNhappy, but she had other ambitions. Sometimes I see traces of them when she speaks in overdramatic "Hollywood" tones. It makes ME sad, so I couldn't imagine her, bathing in unlived dreams.

    If you choose photography, who knows where you'll end up? However, you will know that you are happy.

    It's a question of owning your life or letting it pass you by.

    So choose carefully, regardless you'll live. :)

    ReplyDelete