Wednesday, February 18, 2009

**New Poem** Untitled (I've been feeling this lately)

**its hardly finished but i thought i'd post it, let it marinate and come back to it**

I keep pressure locked up under my bed
his unrelenting pursuit of my success plagues my dreams
I can't shake him
I feel him every night, pressing down against me
forcing down upon me his ideas of stability
raping me of my fantasies and childhood dreams
constraining me in life's complexities
concealing all it's simplicities
his voice always escapes the incarceration i keep him in
haunts me when its time to sleep
and when night covers me, i cling to happiness
he sleeps beside me as i find peace in his simplicity
soothes the pain the stress the pressure of success places on my shoulders
My saving grace
Helps me to remember the things that matter most
Holds me close and hums a melody that resonates serenity
a lullaby to drown out the moans of the monster under my bed
with a wave of sunshine and sultry rainy days
till a new day comes with the dawn and i'll follow my heart
she'll guide me through
watching over me in the daylight
til evening falls again, making love with my Happiness throughout the night...

**dont know where i'm going with this, hopefully it will reveal itself when i attempt to re-write in upcoming days**

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful!
    At first I thought it was going to be Pressure vs. Happiness, but then you added Heart near the end. ahhh! this is great. I'm impatiently awaiting the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so hope theres an end in the near future to this... Because thus far I am beyond captivated

    ReplyDelete