Monday, February 9, 2009

...peaceofmind....

... I'm sitting here, there's work to be done and I keep finding my mind traveling somewhere else on the melody of Lauryn Hill's acoustic guitar ( i gotta find peace of mind, i gotta find peace of mind). I feel like my heart is troubled, but I don't know why, so my mind is distracted by her distress. In recent years, my mind has acted as her protector ( but my heart is hard-headed as all hell) and if she's not happy, he isn't either (please come free my mind). In this semi- silence, everything else seems to stand still, the only things moving are my thoughts ( i gotta find peace of mind), consoling my heart, contenting her with his reason, his rationale and all his good intentions. No matter how much they conflict and chaotic the world may be around them (i gotta find peace of mind, i gotta find peace of mine) they have each other to create a certain peace to clam my restlessness....

No comments:

Post a Comment